Creating Your Account
If you have already followed the instructions below to setup your account, Click Here to login.
1. We must have a current email address on file for you before we can give you access online. If necessary, contact Donna to give her your email address. If your address changes in the future, please notify us.
2. You will receive an email with information you need to create your account. If you have not received this information, contact Donna and we'll resend it. The email will look something like this:
Dear Ramon Dailey:
Following is the information you will need to establish the connection to your managed account through our online portal.
Our Property Manager ID: 103753WA
Your Client ID: RDAILEY
Please log on to our website or contact us if you have any questions or need additional information.
3. Once you receive this email, you can log into the PROMAS Central website to create your account. Click Here, or on the link at the top of the page. The PROMAS Central login page will open in another window so you can refer back to these instructions.
4. Click on the Create Account button. You can also click on Video Help which walks you through these same basic steps.
5. On the next screen, fill in your email address, type in a password of your choice, retype the password to confirm, click on I Agree, then click Proceed.
7. You will get a note stating that your account has been verified. Click where it says Click here to logon now.
8. Now we're back to the screen you saw in step 4. This time, fill in your email address and password, then click Create Account.
9. We're almost done! Next, you have to link the Owner account that we created with your login account. Click Add.
10. Here, you need the information out of the email you received in step 2. Fill in the Property Manager ID - which is 103753WA - your Client ID, and your email address. This information is case sensitive, so it's important that you enter it EXACTLY as it appears in the email. Click Link Accounts.
11. You will get a message that states that your account has been linked. Click the Accounts tab.
12. You will see a button for your newly linked account with your username followed by a number. For instance, mine is labelled RDAILEY-753.Click this button.
13. You're finally in! The first time you login to your account, it will ask you to set some options regarding email notification when documents and statements are posted to your account, and how the system organizes your information. We recommend that you check all three boxes, then hit Save Changes.
14. Now that you're in, you can access PDF files of your statements, review activity on your account, change youretc. Feel free to browse around the system. If you have any questions, feedback or issues that need to be resolved, please contact Donna.
15. To access your account in the future, you can browse to http://www.townsendbay.net, click the Owners button, then click where it says Click Here at the top. This brings you to the login screen. You can bookmark this screen to make it easier to access in the future. Login using your email address, and password, then click the account button as described in step 12.
We hope you find this system to be a valuable way to access your statements and information.
Townsend Bay Property Management